Knauf Insulation has further improved its Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab range, which provides a robust and durable solution that is certified for all common rainscreen build-ups.
Industry firsts added to Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab BBA Certificate
Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab has earned the industry’s first BBA certification for double layering and for use below the damp proof course (DPC), making it certified for the broadest range of build-ups of any rainscreen solution on the market.
“We know how much architects and contractors value the peace of mind that comes from BBA certification,” said Luke Davies, Product Manager at Knauf Insulation. “Our Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab is already certified for use in steel frames and behind masonry. Adding these applications and installation methods means customers can rely on Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab to provide a robust and durable solution, certified for all common rainscreen build ups.”
- Knauf Insulation Rocksilk® RainScreen Slabs now cover all thicknesses from 50mm up to 250mm, all with a thermal conductivity of 0.034 W/mK - offering you the widest thickness range on the market.
- You can use Rocksilk® RainScreen Slabs for bridging Damp Proof Courses (DPCs), as RainScreen Slab has earned the industry’s first BBA certification for double layering of the slabs.
- The BBA certification also covers timber frame applications with a masonry outer leaf, and on reinforced concrete substrates with a cladding outer.
Use as part of the Knauf UK ThroughWall System
While Rocksilk® RainScreen Slabs have their own BBA certificate they can also be used as part of the Knauf UK BBA certified ThroughWall System. ThroughWall combines Knauf products into an entire exterior infill wall panel system, from internal wall lining to sheathing board and external insulation, allowing for the addition of exterior finishes such as rainscreen cladding or masonry.
Key Features of the Knauf Insulation Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab
- Non-combustible Euroclass A1 reaction to fire classification rating
- Suitable for use on all buildings including those above 18m in height providing compliance with fire related building regulations
- Excellent thermal performance
- Excellent sound absorption characteristics provide high levels of sound reduction
- Made with a water-repellent additive - slabs will maintain their integrity while exposed on site
- Made with ECOSE® Technology, Knauf Insulation’s unique bio-based binder
Knauf Insulation’s new brand, Rocksilk® comes with a fresh look for its Rock Mineral Wool range
The new brand reflects the enhancements made to the range, including Rocksilk® RainScreen Slab’s BBA-certification for the widest range of thicknesses and build-ups on the market, and an improved Rocksilk® Soffit Linerboard offering.
Knauf Insulation’s high performance, non-combustible products can be used in a variety of applications in both residential and commercial buildings, including those above 18m high.
The Rocksilk® range is available through our branch network, contact your local branch today to find out more.